Mega Bulky Throw – Knitting 101
Cozy up with a cup of tea, a good book and this fabulouse bulky throw this winter!
Learn how to knit with jumbo needles and mega bulky yarn in a simple stitch that highlights the texture of each stitch.
It is recommended that you know the basics but if you don’t we’ll get you up to speed on:
- Cast On / Cast Off
- Knit and Purl Stitch
Class Includes Best Practices:
- Basic Tools Overview – Working with Mega Bulky Yarn and Large Needles
- Reading a yarn label
- Understanding a stitch pattern basics
- Stitch guage swatch
- Long tail cast on
- Knitting and purling
- Finishing closure
- 6 to 8 Skein of Mega Bulky Yarn (15-20 Weight)
- Circular Needles (Size 50 or recommendation on yarn label ) with 24, 30 or 36 inch wire
- Tote Bag
- dIf you are having trouble finding tarn in thicker weights, try doubling up on yarn by knitting two bulky yarn skeins together to make a mega bulky yarn!