Infiniti Scarf– Knitting 101
Stand out with this stylish warming trend this holiday! This Infiniti Scarf can be knit in a number of knitting patterns to choose from with simple instruction you can choose the pattern you like best! Make one for yourself and gift one for that special friend!
Learning how to knit in the round using a long tail cast on and knit/purl stitch.
It is recommended that you know the basics but if you don’t we’ll get you up to speed on:
- Cast On / Cast Off
- Knit and Purl Stitch
Class Includes Best Practices:
- Basic Tools Overview – Yarn Weight and Matterials
- Reading a yarn label
- Understanding a stitch pattern basics
- Stitch guage swatch
- Long tail cast on
- Closing the round and stitch marker usage
- Knitting and purling
- Finishing closure
- 1 to 2 Skein of Yarn depending on size on Infiniti Scarf (4 or 6 Weight – Size Recommended for Beginner)
- Yarn Weight 4 = 5mm or 6mm needle
- Yarn Weight 6 = 10mm or 13mm needle
- Circular Needles (Size recommended on yarn label ) with 20 to 24 inch wire
- Stitch Marker
- Tapestry Needle
- Tote Bag
Supplies can be purchased at local craft and hobby stores such as Michael’s, JoAnn’s or Beverly’s in San Jose.
Order supplies ahead of class and receive a The Maker’s Tote with class supplies.
The Maker’s Tote with supplies needs to be ordered in advance of class. (72 hours advance preferred)
Place orders through: MakeIt@TheMakerySJ.com.
Include: Your Name, Class Name, Date Attending
The Maker Tote include: 2 Bulky Yarn, Circular Needles, Tapestry Needles and a nifty tote bag for an additional $30.00.